What gets measured gets managed and what gets evaluated gets the employees’ attention. Mystery shopping are a method that some companies use to gauge customer satisfaction and experience. By sending in a mystery shopper to act as a standard customer, you learn not only whether or not your customer service is adequate, but also if there is anything the shopper notices about what it’s like to be a customer, they can inform you of their findings to help you run your business.
Some of the benefits your business will enjoy:
- Determine customer satisfaction and improve perceived levels of service
- A customer’s view of your business will help you increase profit
- Report competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Confirm the integrity of employees, company procedures and internal controls
- Supports an incentive program that will boost employee productivity & loyalty
- Identifies problems whether large or small
- Targets your limited training resources
- Provides reports to management to be used to reward star performers, motivate average employees, and plan training and counseling for employees whose skills need to be improved.
- Helps employees do a better job of creating good, long lasting relationships with satisfied customers.
- Provides data for business owners and managers to use in situations where concrete, quantified, unbiased information would be valuable.
- Trends the data to demonstrate the success of sales and customer service evaluations and training.
- Monitors consistency of information, product/service knowledge, and an understanding of the organization.
- Creates awareness on the part of employees that their actions count and can have a serious impact on the growth and success of the business.